Legend of the Seeker support rallies
March 29, 2024, 03:36:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Updates to rallies

New and returning rally-ers!

Support the rallies - Store for rally gear is open. Contact me or AceofHadeon to get your rally's merchandising going.

All newcomers to the site, check the forum for the rally by you and post in the "I am coming" topic. If you want to volunteer to help staff the rally, please post that in your post as well.

Thanks,

Mike

Rally Organizers!

Please post a daily update in the Updates to Rallies topic, I need these for the main blog. Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Updates to rallies  (Read 708 times)
MichaelRahl
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2010, 08:42:16 pm »

Hey guys,

Anyone with updates for their respective rallies, can you please post them in this thread. I am going to start collating them into a master update for the overall blog for the rallies at http://seekerrallieshq.wordpress.com/ for the world to see.

If you guys don't have a blog(or regular) site set up for your rally please set one up so there is a place to present details to the community, and for me to link to from the master blog site.

Thank you,
Mike
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

AceofHadeon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 04:01:56 pm »

This is the blog I've been using for the Orlando rally: http://community.livejournal.com/u2sos_o/

No updates yet. Still waiting on Disney. Will order the banner after I get home from my weekend out of town.
Report Spam   Logged
AceofHadeon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 07:35:05 pm »

Disney did get back to me, but they were vague. They didn't forbid us or even warn us not to do a rally, they just said no fliers. I emailed them back to clarify that we don't have to give fliers. We just want to be a visual presence at the gate for a bit at closing time.

And they said they appreciated our enthusiasm for "Legend of the Seekers." Wow. We LotS fans really need to advertise more if Disney staff doesn't even know the name of the show. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
AceofHadeon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:36:22 am »

Disney got back to me finally. They said, "We do not allow any demonstrations or the distribution of any fliers, banners, or leaflets on our property." Whatever. Their refusal to promote their own show will make a good news story. We'll take a bunch of pics and whatnot and send them to ABC/Disney too.

So, looks like the rallies will be staying in their non-Disney places. Though driving around Disney with some LotS stuff stuck on the cars might be fun.

Anyway, I ordered the banner, and that should be arriving middle of next month.
Report Spam   Logged
AceofHadeon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 10:13:32 pm »

Ok, the banner has been shipped. And I have a promo code for 10% off stuff at BuildASign.com if someone wants it.
Report Spam   Logged
AceofHadeon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 09:45:23 pm »

Banner's here! And it's beautiful. BuildASign does great work.
Report Spam   Logged
kai182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 02:17:45 am »

thank i like it
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: