Legend of the Seeker support rallies
April 16, 2024, 04:28:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Media blitz time?

New and returning rally-ers!

Support the rallies - Store for rally gear is open. Contact me or AceofHadeon to get your rally's merchandising going.

All newcomers to the site, check the forum for the rally by you and post in the "I am coming" topic. If you want to volunteer to help staff the rally, please post that in your post as well.

Thanks,

Mike

Rally Organizers!

Please post a daily update in the Updates to Rallies topic, I need these for the main blog. Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Media blitz time?  (Read 429 times)
AceofHadeon

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2010, 06:43:58 pm »

I've been collecting names and links to who we should contact when the time is right. I'd like to have a few more rally locations nailed down before we promote more heavily, though. Still, I'd like to do it fairly soon so we know how many people to plan for and so people can get their hotel rooms, plane tickets, etc and make other arrangements.

When we do start, however, it would be nice to have a banner like the LOTS video group has on some blogs. (Would post an example but I lost the link to the one I saw most recently.)
EDIT: I mean a banner on the blog sites, advertising our campaign.

So, organizers, post and let me know when you think it would be good to start the full-on media barrage!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:53:49 pm by AceofHadeon » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

MichaelRahl
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 06:57:36 pm »

I have some graphics, including one done by the graphic artist who did the one for the "Pass it along" video. I'll post them soon. She did the one for the http://laseekerrally.wordpress.com/ site for me.

You're right, we need our details to be solid before getting the press involved, and we need to put together an appealing press release for the media outlets.
Report Spam   Logged
MichaelRahl
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 07:03:17 pm »

Just remembered, I sent it to you already Ace, and you made some other graphics too.
Report Spam   Logged
AceofHadeon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 07:57:02 pm »

I was also thinking of just ganking the season 1 poster with Richard and Kahlan on it. It would be kinda like the video team's banner. But my main point, and I've edited my wording to make it a bit clearer, since I realized it was vague before, is that we need a visual presence on blogs. We need more than just a blog post, in other words. I'd like to have on there too the locations of the rallies.

But anyway, locales first. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: