Legend of the Seeker support rallies
March 28, 2024, 04:11:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

UK Seeker Rallies 14th August

New and returning rally-ers!

Support the rallies - Store for rally gear is open. Contact me or AceofHadeon to get your rally's merchandising going.

All newcomers to the site, check the forum for the rally by you and post in the "I am coming" topic. If you want to volunteer to help staff the rally, please post that in your post as well.

Thanks,

Mike

Rally Organizers!

Please post a daily update in the Updates to Rallies topic, I need these for the main blog. Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Seeker Rallies 14th August  (Read 2759 times)
VampireBait

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2010, 07:34:23 am »

yay welcome to the UK rallies page!!!! I'm mainly trying to co-ordinate this over at http://save-our-seeker.deviantart.com/blog/32719760/ but its proving limited so this will hopefully become the main meet and discuss before the big day!

We're aiming for this to happen on 14th August, the same day as the Orlando rally which i think is the main US one as their marching on Disney.

The aim of the UK rally will be the same with the lack of the main venue to march too but we can remedy that by showing our support for our US counter parts!

So, we need to know numbers and where we want to go.

originally i was thinking simultanious gatherings all over the counrty in major cities but if this would spread us too thin we may have to limit.

London is a given of course but what about Birmingham, Glasgow, Dublin etc etc you get the idea.

Let me know where your generally located, which you'd prefer and how many fans you could bring.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Purepotential86

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 02:44:35 am »

I'm just outside of London, and as that's definitely happening, I don't have any info to help with other locations.  But I will definitely bring at least 1 other fan.  If I can get more then that would be great; I'll try my best!
Report Spam   Logged
Alana

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 08:24:44 am »

Hi! Celinez from DA here... Smiley

confessoralana in twitter (or alanaconfessor) whatever you like. Wink

I'm in the NorthEast, Newcastle area. London is always good as I have a place to stay.  Smiley I could do Newcastle, Glasgow or Edinburgh easily.

I totally agree that simultaneously in different cities will spread us too thin. We need to do it en masse. Btw, what if we did one major city each month (up to September?) and find some kind of Disney related building in London or wherever (there's bound to be one!) and end up there in our "last" meeting? Just throwing ideas.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
winettemay

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 10:25:50 am »

Liverpool here, and won't be able to make it down to London in August sadly.
Report Spam   Logged
Purepotential86

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 04:36:07 pm »

Any updates on the UK rallies yet?  Trying to get some feedback but not many people are replying to help us out.  I've got some interest on Twitter though, which is helpful.  I'm sending people here, but that doesn't help if no one gives us an idea of where they are or any other feedback lol. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Cara_Kicks_Ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 01:05:03 pm »

Hey i'm on twitter as @MakeMeLoveU, i will def be up for the 14th Aug, and can do London, i was gonna say we should find a disney head office to march on like this one:Walt Disney & Co, 3 Queen Caroline Street, London, W6 9PE (Thank u google! lol  Grin) or how bout going to the media, like major newspaper offices or even T.V. news centres? My sister would def come too, and maybe a couple of friends. Ive been searching the net for a mord'sith costume but the only one i found so far i think was $450  Cry woulda been so fun to go dressed up, and an army of mord'sith marching woulda def got peoples attention. wish someone would make a more affordable one.
Report Spam   Logged
Cara_Kicks_Ass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 01:39:02 pm »

Also can UK based Seeker fans help make LotS available at the UK iTunes store by following this link and placing a request  http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html thanks  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Hellsbells265

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 05:58:41 am »

I've put the links for this and the iTunes request on SOS FB, SOS (UK) FB and the We want seasons 2,3,4.. page there as well as on my Twitter. Hopefully it will encourage people to sign up. As for me I'll be there as long as my body co-operates!
Report Spam   Logged
VampireBait

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 01:51:28 pm »

Hey guys

I really hope you don't hate me for this but my work's taken a turn and i'm way to busy to organise or host this meet now  Cry would someone be willing to take over?

Just need a time and location, maybe sort signs and posters and other stuff?

The Save-our-seeker group on D will give all the help and advertising you need, I'll still spread the word as much as i can and co-ordinate with all the other DA seeker groups so you can still send me information and stuff to distribute.

Real life has pounced on me Sad so i won't even have time to attend any  Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: