Legend of the Seeker support rallies
March 28, 2024, 04:09:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Organizing the DC (Silver Spring, MD) Rally

New and returning rally-ers!

Support the rallies - Store for rally gear is open. Contact me or AceofHadeon to get your rally's merchandising going.

All newcomers to the site, check the forum for the rally by you and post in the "I am coming" topic. If you want to volunteer to help staff the rally, please post that in your post as well.

Thanks,

Mike

Rally Organizers!

Please post a daily update in the Updates to Rallies topic, I need these for the main blog. Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Organizing the DC (Silver Spring, MD) Rally  (Read 1389 times)
MichaelRahl
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 06:47:50 pm »

I'm favorable to wordpress.com for a blog, try to get DCseekerrally.wordpress.com as your address. You can post updates there and make basic info pages. Enough to be an information source for a rally. The video is optional, you can do it if you want to. But having a single site for each rally to include in the master blog's blogroll will help. Look into the required lead time on a permit, we may forgo them if we don't have enough people to justify the permit, for LA and Orlando the permit threshold is 100 people, plus $100 for Orlando and potentially $300 for LA(ouch).
Report Spam   Logged
auroracat

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 08:18:39 am »

Will do on the blog. 

I'm thinking the same thing about the permit, but I am still trying to get specifics.  Needless to say, this close to the nation's capital, authorities are ansty people.  Don't think it will be a problem, but you know about the speed of government...

It's on my agenda today to call the office.  I was actually in that area on Monday for a ballet class and checked in with the local security office, but alas, there was no one there.
Report Spam   Logged
auroracat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 08:54:21 pm »

Blog site is now established and I will try to update on a regular basis:

http://dcseekerrally.wordpress.com/2010/06/30/saveourseeker-washington-dc-rally/
Report Spam   Logged
auroracat

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 08:00:41 am »

Looks like we are going to have fabulous weather tomorrow!  Only of few of us, but we will do our best to spread the word!   See everyone at 4:00 p.m. tomorrow in downtown Silver Spring!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: